Basically,me and my wife purchased a certified 2005 Volvo XC90 vehicle at Don Beyer Volvo in Jan 2009 and in May 2009 another dealer told me the carfax says the car was in an accident in 2004, we also received a certified CARFAX report prior to purchasing the vehicle and no signs of the accident on the report.

CarFax receives the information in June and reports it. Costs me $5k difference in tradingin vehicle. I call VA DMV and they are unable to access the accident number that is on the report which Carfax says is reported to their third party source.

THe dealer says they know nothing about it. I was also told by GM, John Hall they would look into it and 4 months later they are STILL LOOKING into it. The problem I have is that had I known that I would either negogiated a lower price or not purchased the vehicle at all. The vehicle suffered $3k worth of damaged so how is that none of the damaged was noted since the vehicle got rear ended.

Neither DOn Beyer nor CarFax has stepped up to the plate and take some ownership. Don Beyer has serviced the vehicle since it was purchased from them so they would be most intimate with teh service history of the vehicle and soon as I asked for that...never heard from them!!

Had an Experience with Don Beyer Volvo?

Comments

Dealerships do not do body work caused by accidents.People normally go to body shops for that.

So the dealer may never have known about the accident. I was just rear ended on Rt. 95 in Maryland. It is easy to have $3,000 in work even when not much has been damaged.

In fact, $3,000 in damage is a pretty minor accident these days.

And if it was a rear end collision, your engine and other main components would be protected.You should be lucky it had not been in a front end collision.